Enhance Your IT Resume With Inputs From Professional Resume Writers
Information Technology (IT) often comes across as very difficult field for freshers to make their mark. It is here that candidates need to realize that simply mentioning the languages they know may not be enough. As a simple example, it is also important for them to point out practical applications students may have created in a specific programming language. In other words, they need to pay more careful attention to the way their resumes appear, and this can be improved further through the inputs of professionals.
How can professionals help you project the best IT resume?
- Get achievements to the top– Experienced recruiters do not spend much time on every candidate. Therefore, it makes sense for resume builders to put significant achievements in your career right at the top on the 1st page, instead of somewhere on the 2nd or 3rd
- Do not eliminate extra-curricular activities and hobbies- It is important that the resume format for IT professionals has the most relevant activities and your IT-related skills at the very top, but this also does not mean that hobbies and other aspects of your personality are kept secret. Many a times, it turns out that a person on the interview panel has a common interest, and may wish to speak to you more about it. In such a case, you might just score more brownie points over others and be able to crack the interview with minimum effort.
The experts will enrich your CV with relevant terms – One has to walk the tightrope when it comes to mentioning important terms in the CV. This could include catch phrases such as “Gives attention to details”, “Strictly adheres to deadlines”, “Result oriented”, “Highly motivated”, and others. Your resume builder must look for keywords in the job posting and incorporate them smartly into your CV. At the same time, words that one should be aware of the phrases being used, to prevent oneself from being caught off-guard.
- Examples of communication must be given– The recruiter must understand that you aren’t just a good team player, but also maintain effective communication with the manager and your colleagues. The best way to do so is to mention effective communication as one of your strengths. Also, be prepared to explain the same if the interviewer asks.
- The resume should be updated with trends– The job market, especially in the IT field, is constantly in transition. IT skills can get redundant in a matter of months, and so your resume builder will pay attention to keep your CV updated as per the latest trends. At the same time, you will also be told if certain changes need to be made within the next few years.
- They will save your time– Experienced resume builders will be able to save your time since you will not have to rack your brains too much to put down relevant headings and content in your resume. You can save your energy for applying and preparing for different kinds of IT jobs.
- Resume must be tailored to meet the needs of the job– Remember that the resume is not a one-size-fits-all kind of arrangement. You will need to tweak the resume a bit every time as per the needs of a specific job. For example, if you are about to apply as a PHP programmer and you have done some PHP work for your previous company, it would make sense to keep this right at the top of your skills.
- Always proofread carefully– Now an experienced resume builder will always submit your resume to you after proofreading it, but still you must check it once before handing it forward. One cannot always be sure about inadvertent errors. These days, HR software bots are being used by IT companies to scan and shortlist. To prevent this resume from being deleted, ensure that your resume builder is using an appropriate format. Basic font sizes must always be used for maximum impact.
- Use correct professional contact details– Thinking about giving your friend’s permanent house address for your new firm? Recruiters these days can find out about everything and it will become a negative blotch if someone finds out about you making use of a different person’s contact information. The other thing that can happen is that you might receive communication once it is already too late.
- Reverse chronological format– For those who already have some experience working in the IT industry, they must follow the reverse chronological format to reveal their work experience, tech duties and IT work history. Recent work positions must be given first.
For a fresher in this field, education forms the complete basis of his or her recruitment. The resume builders will put education just below the opening statement.